How to Open and View NSF file- Simple Solution
Summary:- If you are also a user who wants to open and view NSF files without using Lotus Notes Application, then this article is for you. Here, we will explain the manual approaches for opening, reading and viewing NSF files. Plus, it includes the working of NSF to PST Converter Tool, which allows users to open NSF files without Lotus Notes.
Lotus Notes NSF file- Overview
IBM/HCL Notes is one of the most popular email clients among users to communicate with others. It allows users to manage email messages, contact, calendar, tasks and other mailbox items and to store all these; it uses NSF file format. A .nsf (Notes Storage Facility) is a database file format used only by this application, and you can’t open this file in others.
In some conditions, when users want to open and view NSF files, they won’t be able to do so due to different reasons like Lotus Notes server downtime, mailbox not opening, and others. Thus, in these cases, users can convert the NSF file to PST format and access the mailbox items of the NSF file in the Outlook application. Before converting the NSF files to open and view them, let’s check out some common reasons why users want to open NSF files without lotus Notes.
Why Users Want to Open NSF Files Without Lotus Notes (HCL Notes)?
- The Lotus Notes software requires constant updates and backups.
- Any minor changes require the need to connect with IT support.
- Lotus Notes stores mailbox data in an NSF file, which is not opened in another application.
- It needs large RAM storage to store NSF mailbox items.
- Lotus Notes server is shut down or other related issues.
- Lotus Notes does not support corrupt or damaged NSF files.
- The backup process may be stuck in the middle if you have a large mailbox size.
How to Open and View NSF files?
Apart from Lotus Notes, the MS Outlook application is the only option that allows you to open and view the NSF file without much effort. It is easy to operate and most probably installed on all Windows user’s systems. However, to open the NSF file in Outlook, you need to perform two different steps, which are given below:
Step 1: Export Lotus Notes NSF files to CSV file
- Start Lotus Notes on your computer and click the Open option.
- Go to File, and select the Export option.
- Choose the destination path for the output file and select the Comma Separated Value or Structure Text.
- Enter a name to your file and click on the Export button.
- You will get two options: CSV or a Structured Text Export screen.
- Here, you have to assign a path and location. Click the Ok button.
- Wait, and you will find a new CSV file containing the HCL Notes NSF files email.
Step 2: Import CSV(Containing NSF files) to Outlook
- Start MS Outlook on your PC and click on the File.
- Go to the Open & Export section and select Import/Export.
- Choose Import from another program or file option and click Next.
- Select Comma Separated Values and tap Next.
- Click on the Browse button to select the path for the output folder.
- Choose the other required options and click Next.
- Select a folder in which you want to save data and click Next.
- Click on the Finish button to complete the process.
The above-mentioned method will give you the proper solution to open and view the NSF file in Outlook. However, opening and viewing NSF files using this procedure is too long and time consuming. It also requires the installation of HCL Notes on your computer.
How to Open NSF file Without Lotus Notes?
NSF Viewer Tool is the best and risk-free utility to open, read and view NSF files without Lotus Notes installation on your system. It shows all the mailbox items of the NSF files like email messages, contact, calendar, tasks, journals and others. Apart from this, if you want to convert the NSF file to Outlook PST format, as you do not want to access Lotus Notes anymore, try the NSF to PST Converter Software.
This software is efficient enough to convert your single and multiple NSF files to PST file format with maintaining proper data integrity. It allows users to browse large NSF files, and it converts them into PST files hassle-free. In addition, you can also convert NSF files to other formats like PDF, MSG, MBOX, EMLX, TIFF, JSON, etc.
Some Prominent features of the software
- Allows users to convert single and multiple NSF files.
- Convert NSF files to PST, MSG, CSV, MBOX, EML, etc.
- Import NSF file to Office 365, Gmail, Yahoo and IMAP.
- Preserve the original folder hierarchy during conversion.
- Remove Duplicate Mail to exclude similar emails.
- The software has an easy to use interface and is 100% authentic.
- Support all the Windows versions like 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc.
Know- How to open NSF file in Outlook
- Download & Run NSF to PST Converter Tool.
- Click Select Files to browse NSF files from your PC.
- Check the folders and preview the required one. Click Next.
- Go for the PST format from the left panel.
- Select built-in features, either standard or advanced.
- Click the Convert button to start NSF to PST conversion.
Through this write-up, we understood the top two methods to open and view NSF files, whether using Lotus Notes or not. The manual approach is best for you if you have HCL Notes on your system. But if you do not have Lotus Notes installation, then the most effective solution for you is the NSF to PST Converter. It will enable users to open and view multiple NSF files simultaneously without Lotus Notes.