Are you stuck and looking to shift your Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook, then read here.
Hi!, is just the word to start a simple communication connection. But after that, what matters the most is to keep that connection alive. Contacts play a significant role in this scenario. The same goes for Lotus Notes users. But, due to many compelling factors, you wish to export Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook. In such a situation, you will find this article to be just the right place for you.
Also Read – How to repair corrupt NSF files?
Let us first start by getting to know the Lotus Notes here.
Get to know: Lotus Notes
Lotus Notes is a Note client application. It means that when you install Lotus Notes on your personal computer, you can access both mail files and Notes applications. But, when you are getting Lotus Notes to save the contacts, then what is the need to export Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook. Let us take a look at this prospect.
Lotus Notes Vs. Outlook
In case you are wondering how to go from Lotus Notes to Outlook with all your contacts. Then, let me share with you the methods to Export Lotus Notes to Outlook.
Handy Procedures to Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook Webmail Clients?
Lotus Notes are saved as an NSF file and copied to Outlook PST file with the Manual Methods. The Manual method is to move Lotus Notes contacts to PST is divided into a two-step method. Let us see the steps to do so.
Step1- Export Lotus Notes Contacts to .csv file
To begin the process, you need to make a copy of all your contacts in a .csv file. For that:
- Firstly, open Lotus Notes and click on open the Contacts.
- Next, Lotus Notes will open Address Book
- Thirdly, is to search the Menu bar, click on the More option, and select the Export Contacts option.
- After that, to export your contacts from Lotus Notes to Outlook, you have to select the tab “All contacts in this view.”
- Here, you have to select “All Fields” for exporting all the information of the contacts.
- In this step, you have to save the file by clicking on the “Save to” field. For that, browse to the directory and save wherever you want.
- Now save and enter the name of the file you want to export and save it as a CSV file.
- You need to Pick the options as well as the contacts you want to export accordingly.
- After that, click on the Export button.
Hurray! you have completed the first step and saved all your IBM contacts to a CSV file. Now, proceed to follow the next step.
Step 2- Export .csv file to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 etc.
In this step, you need to export the newly created .csv file to PST format. Begin the process as:
- Firstly, you need to start the MS Outlook and pull the File menu and then select the Open & Export option.
- Secondly, to start the Import and Export Wizard, choose the Import/Export option.
- Thirdly, tab on the option Import from another program or file in the menu from the “Choose an action to perform” field and click Next.
- In the Import a File window, Select Comma Separated Values from “Select file type to import from” field and then click on Next.
- Here, click the Browse button and navigate & select the CSV file that you exported. All of this will be shown in the “File to import” field.
- From the options field, pull out the option “Do not import duplicate items” and click Next.
- Now, you have to select the Contacts folder in the “Select Destination Folder” field. That saves your MS Outlook Data file where the Lotus Notes Contacts will be imported to and then click Next.
- After that, check Map Custom Fields if required. Make a note: This is just an optional choice. Now, you have to click Finish after that.
- Wait and let the process of importing Lotus Notes contacts into the PST of Outlook takes place.
Once the last step is complete, you can check the contacts by opening Microsoft Outlook. All your Lotus Notes contacts are now in Outlook.
Limitations with the Manually Export Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook:
Although your contacts get transferred from Lotus Notes to Outlook, it occurs with limitations:
- Customizations you have applied to the contacts get removed or altered.
- During the migration process, any images or logos get lost.
- After the process gets done, matching contact details becomes a cumbersome task.
Do not worry as we have resourced an instant solution to get over the errors of manual methods, read about it in the alternate solution.
Alternate Solution: NSF to PST Converter
The manual methods to exchange Lotus Notes to Outlook have imposed limitations. But these limitations are easily covered with the use of DRS NSF to PST Converter. This tool allows you to maintain the originality of your data after the conversion process. This application gets your desired results without any data corruption. With this software, you can easily switch your Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook PST file. It comes with many impressive features, some of them are:
- It is compatible with the conversion of any version of Lotus Notes.
- With it, no Limitations on the file size for conversion.
- It gives you options to convert single and multiple files in an instant.
IBM Lotus Note has given users a highly secure environment. But, due to many reasons, users often feel like shifting from Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook. Manual Methods are free and can be used to export Lotus Notes to Outlook. But, the limitations of manual methods often leave people with dismay. We recommend to you an easy error-free solution with NSF to PST converter. In the end, we hope you have found a feasible solution according to your needs.