Want to migrate all your data from EDB to NSF as your organization is shifting data from Exchange to Notes? Then, you have to keep in mind that both Exchange and notes work only in their respective file formats.
Messages form an integral part of enterprise culture. It is the basis of an organization to collaborate effectively in order to increase productivity. The current online market scenario comprises several email clients to use as a messaging system. Usually, the decision to select a messaging system lies with an organization. The decision also depends on other factors like infrastructure and cost consideration.
Microsoft Exchange server is popularly used as a messaging and collaboration platform. And it makes use of only the Windows Server operating system. It’s key features are:
- Users make use of the messaging platform on smartphones, tablets, desktops, and web-based systems.
- Support for voice data with the Telephony feature.
- Users can team up with one another through calendar and document sharing.
- The smart security features and storage of Exchange Server allow organizations to archive the mailbox content, perform searches, and execute various tasks.
What is the need to convert EDB to NSF?
Even though Microsoft Exchange offers a popular messaging and collaborative platform, Lotus Notes has its own benefits. The sole purpose of Exchange is to work only for the Windows platform. Conversely, IBM Notes supports Windows, Mac, Linux, etc. On top of that, it also supports software and hardware virtualization. So, if you are looking for a more secure and robust messaging platform, then IBM Lotus Notes best fits your requirement.
Microsoft stores all the mailbox data information into EDB format, while Lotus Notes all the data information into NSF units called Notes. Since both platforms support different file formats, email migration often becomes a challenge. Apart from that, there is no manual method to import or export data from Exchange to Notes. In such a scenario, migration of EDB to NSF is possible only through the use of a third-party EDB to NSF Converter utility. Let us find its features that ease your work.
Features of EDB to NSF Converter
- The working of the tool is managed by the efficient conversion algorithm to perform fast, accurate, and reliable conversion of EDB files into the NSF database file format of Lotus Note.
- Effectively solves for alignment issues that occur while scanning the EDB file.
- It utilizes the Auto-detect option, to automatically detect the EDB file information and specification.
- Exhibits preview of restored data in the preview pane.
- It maintains saved data into a single NSF file for all the users and creates separate NSF files for each user.
Why Choose EDB to NSF Converter?
This tool is the most trusted solution to go from EDB to NSF within a few moments without any technical expertise. With it, you can apply any one of the three recovery modes: Standard, Advanced, and Deep for corrupted EDB files.
Above, we have discussed the working of different file formats of Exchange i.e. EDB and Lotus Notus i.e. NSF. Due to situations, you might face the need to convert EDB to NSF. But for that, there are no direct manual methods to do so. In that case, you can make use of EDB to NSF converter, and can easily migrate data from EDB to NSF with promise data integrity and successful conversion without any assistance. I hope you find this blog helps you in your quest to get a solution for the migration of EDB data to NSF format.