Different Methods to Convert NSF to MBOX format- The Easiest Solution
Are you thinking about how to convert NSF to MBOX edition? Then read about its solution with simple methods in this blog.
Before we share the solution method, let’s get familiar with Lotus NSF and MBOX formats.
Lotus Notes Or NSF is an IBM enterprise email program. The NSF (notes storage facility) is the lotus notes email format. Broadly, Notes come handily to store collaborative business information, including email information with calendar data. But, complicacy and lack of flexibility to work result in organizations switching to more popular formats like MBOX.
Fastest Solution- NSF to MBOX Converter tool
Read More – How to Convert Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
Why move NSF to MBOX?
MBOX has emerged as the only file format supported by many email clients, including the widely used Apple Mail. Being an email mailbox storage format, it organizes email in a single text file. It stores email messages in a linked format, so each email is stored after another, starting with the “From” header.
Now, if your organization is moving to Apple or Thunderbird email client for MBOX, then you need to copy the NSF file to MBOX.
Let us begin the method to convert NSF to MBOX format.
Manual Method to Convert NSF to MBOX-
Unfortunately, there is no direct method to switch the full data from NSF to MBOX format. But, you can easily take your contacts from Lotus Notes to Apple mail, let us find out about it.
Method to Export Lotus Notes Contacts
To export contacts from Lotus Notes (NSF) to Apple Mail (MBOX), you can save the address book in CSV format. Start with these simple steps:
- Firstly, save all the contacts as a CSV file.
- Then, load IBM Lotus Notes, and open the NSF database containing the contacts data.
- Next, take the help of the File tab on the taskbar and then click Export.
- Within the Export dialog box, browse a location where you want to save the CSV file. Now, click the drop-down arrow next to the Save as type option.
- Now, go with the Comma Separated Value in the options and click the Export button.
After successfully importing the contacts of MBOX to CSV file, now you need to import this file to Apple Mail in this way:
- In the first step, create a group in the Mac Address Book. For doing so, Open Apple Mail > click the File tab on the taskbar > New Group in the options.
- After that, give a name to this new Address Book Group.
- Now, pick out this new Address Book Group, and click the File tab on the taskbar > Import.
- Next, explore the CSV file you want to import, and double-click it.
- Here, ensure to keep the setting at “Do not import” for the fields you don’t want to import.
- Also, if the CSV file you’re importing doesn’t contain the header columns, don’t forget to uncheck the “Ignore first box” box and then click OK.
- Lastly, you need to choose whether you want to use the existing contacts, replace existing contacts, add to existing contacts, or update existing contacts, for the addresses already present.
- Finish the process with a click on the Import button.
Finally, the contacts are now visible as a group in your Mac Address Book. If you want to convert NSF to MBOX files along with complete mailbox data, then you need an alternate solution.
Alternate Solution with NSF to MBOX Converter
You can easily export your contact list from the NSF format to MBOX with the above manual method. But, for full data conversion, you need the assistance of a professional NSF to MBOX converter tool.
With it, you can export Full email messages along with contacts, calendars, etc. into a new MBOX file. Additionally, you can use it to get a batch conversion from NSF to MBOX to save time and with utmost data accuracy.
We have shared here manual methods to migrate NSF data to MBOX. But, these methods only work to copy contacts from Lotus Notes to MBOX. So, we recommend you to use the NSF to MBOX converter tool to convert NSF to MBOX, with full email data and attachments to get promised accurate results.