How to Open & Access NSF Files Without HCL Notes in Outlook?
HCL Notes (earlier IBM Lotus Notes) was one of the most prominent email clients for managing multiple email accounts. But now, most of the users are switching from HCL Notes to MS Outlook. Point is that NSF files can’t be opened directly in Outlook but there are ways to view NSF files in Outlook.
One-stop solution to access NSF file in Outlook
Download free NSF to PST Converter to open NSF files easily
So, if the user requirement is only to open NSF files without HCL Notes to have a preview of the email seeking some urgent information, some alternative solutions need to be looked at. Now, let us see the reason for accessing NSF files without HCL Notes.
Also Read – How to Convert Lotus Notes Contacts to Outlook
Why Open & Access NSF Files Without HCL Notes in Outlook?
There are the following reasons by which you can choose to open NSF files without HCL Notes.
- The installation and maintenance charge is too costly.
- It requires a lot of RAM to store NSF mailboxes.
- Application is not installed in the present system.
- HCL Notes server is down or another related issue.
- Due to the segmented file structure and large database size, the backup is slow.
Now, let us move with the method to open NSF files in Outlook.
Method to Open NSF Files without HCL Notes
Firstly, you need to convert the NSF file format into PST file format which is supported in Outlook. You need to perform the export and import process, for this, the HCL Note is required to be installed in your system. So, you can export the files, and then with the help of the export/import feature in Outlook, you can import them to the Outlook
The Stages in which you proceed manually
- Download NSF Files to CSV files.
- Upload CSV files to the Outlook application.
#1. Download NSF files to CSV
- Firstly, you start HCL Notes on your system and Press Open.
- Now, select the desired location for your files, after the selection from the drop-down. Select Comma Separated Value or Structured Text.
- Give a specific name to your file and click on Export.
- Once you have done, the process is completed successfully,
Then you will get either of these two::CSV or a Structured Text Export screen.
- After that, select the option as per your need. Provide the desired location and click on the OK button.
So, this is a step by which you can export files from HCL,
Now, let us see the next stage upload CSV files to Outlook.
#2. Upload CSV files to Outlook
A CSV file is a text file in which information and data are separated by a comma.
Below is the step for uploading CSV files to Outlook.
- Firstly you will launch the Outlook Application installed on your system.
- Start by clicking on the File option.
- Now hit on the Open & Export and select Import/Export from the given options available.
- Select the Import from another program or file option and click on the Next.
- On the next window Import a file, select Comma Separated Values, and hit on the Next.
- After that, you need to click on the Browse button and select the exported CSV files. In the options selected, you will see three options, select the preferred one and click on the Next button.
- Now, select the desired location from your PST file and click on Next.
- Once the process is completed, hit the Finish button.
After performing the above procedure, you can open NSF files without HCL Notes. However, this approach is not suitable for every user as there are various limitations to the manual approach.
Limitations of Manual Method
- It consumes too much time.
- It is complicated to understand for non-technical users.
- Sometimes, It does not work properly and is also insecure.
- You required two email clients (HCL Notes and Microsoft Outlook).
So, check the flexible method to open NSF files in Outlook
Professional Method to Open NSF File Without HCL Notes
The third-party NSF to PST Converter is one of the best techniques for exporting your HCL Notes or NSF files to PST and any other file format. It is the best NSF converting tool available online. Using this utility, you can also migrate data to a different email client. It is safe, secure, and reliable which non-technical users can easily understand. Moreover, it works perfectly on all the editions of Windows OS including Win 11.
Above, you have read all methods to open NSF files without HCL Notes and also have learned why users switch from IBM Notes to Outlook. But the point is that most users are facing difficulties with the manual methods. That’s the reason I have recommended the professional converter tool for flexible converting and also securing your data.