2 Ways to Recover OST file Outlook 2016
Are you searching for ways to recover OST file outlook 2016? Then read on all about it here.
Outlook has been the most used and trusted webmail application. It holds data in two forms: OST and PST. Out of which, OST format supports a user to work even in offline mode. It lets a user synchronize changes with the Exchange server the next time they connect. Hence, OST gives you an ability to work offline, is useful in environments with limited or unreliable connectivity. That’s the reason more users connect OST data with Outlook. But, many times, work suffers when you cannot access the OST file. Let us find reasons behind the vulnerability of OST copy on the user’s computer.
Vulnerability reasons of OST
The offline OST file can become inaccessible due to:
- Power failure while working on Outlook OST
- Incidental deletion of a user account on Exchange Server
- Virus intrusion on your computer
- Slowdown or crash of the system
However, under any conditions, the user will look for options for OST recovery. Let us find the methods to recover OST file outlook 2016.
File Repair in Outlook version
The OST file repair option varies with different versions of Outlook. If you are an Outlook MS Outlook 2000 and 2003 user, find the Detect and Repair tool embedded for the recovery of data files. But, for MS Outlook 2007 version users, the Detect and Repair tool got replaced with an Office Diagnostics tool.
With MS Outlook 2010 and 2013 users, the Repair option was available, it was specifically designed for repairing the Outlook installation files and registry entries. Additionally, in the latest versions like Outlook 2013 and 2016, there are easier ways to repair and recreate OST files.
1- Revive the offline data file (OST)
An OST file is a disconnected version of Exchange server files. That complies that if you deleted it anyhow, then you can get its fresh copy from downloading from the server. The process of recreating the OST file begins below:
- Firstly, close the Outlook application
- Next, make use of the Control Panel to Open Mail.
- Now, it will open a dialogue box named Mail Setup – Outlook. Within it, you need to click on Email Accounts.
- After that, it opens a new dialog box Account Settings that have all the Outlook accounts.
- Tap on Data Files, choose the OST file, and then click Open File Location (to go to the location where a particular OST file is residing).
- Here, do Right-Click on the OST file and click the Delete option to delete the file.
Alert! Prior to the deletion of file, close the Account Settings and Mail Setup window; otherwise, the system will give an error message.
- Start the Outlook mail application again. It will automatically make a new OST file for the account.
You can work with the above method and avail results when the Outlook account and Exchange server are in perfect sync. If the network is down or the Exchange server has issues, then the method will bring permanent data loss. In such a scenario, it is better to use an alternate method.
2- Professional solution: OST file recovery tool
You can make use of the OST Recovery tool to quickly recover OST file outlook 2016. The tool supports Outlook Encryption & Compression to recover maximum and accurate data. The software works smoothly with all MS Outlook 2016, Windows 10, and all the earlier versions. In addition, you can use it to extract desired range data with the date filter option. You can use the best OST to PST converter tool if you want to convert the OST files into PST format.
MS Outlook OST file can become corrupt or damaged due to any known factors. So, we have shared here manual methods to recreate the OST file. But, if this method doesn’t help you. Then, you can rely on an automated OST recovery tool to recover OST file outlook 2016 with all attachment data intact.