Are you wondering How to import OLM file to Windows Outlook! Don’t worry, we have got it covered. Today, in this technical blog, we are discussing some easy ways. You can use these methods to convert your Mac OLM files to Windows Outlook format easily.
We all are well aware that Outlook is a widely used email client that works on both Windows and Mac Operating System. But, in both the operating system Outlook uses different file formats for data storage. In Windows OS, Outlook uses PST(Personal Storage Table) file format and in Mac OS it uses OLM file format. We cannot access OLM files on Windows Outlook directly and vice versa. Let’s start by discussing the need for this conversion.
Why to Import OLM file to Windows Outlook
Some of the reasons that lead the user to export their OLM files to PST are given below.
- You are using a Windows Outlook and receive an OLM file then you will be unable to access it. For accessing its contents you need to convert it to the PST file.
- If you switch your Mac Outlook to Windows Outlook then it becomes compulsory to import your OLM files to PST files.
- Several times, switching organisations also lead to this requirement.
Techniques to Import OLM files to Windows Outlook
Method 1- Manual Method
We have partitioned the method in four easy steps. You need to follow them serially.
Step 1- Create an IMAP account via Gmail
- Open Gmail and click on Settings.
- Now, Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Check the IMAP access status. If disabled, enable it and save.
Step 2- Configuring the Mac Outlook with the IMAP account
- Open, Mac Outlook and visit Menu>> Tools>>Account.
- Choose the email option and enter your login credentials along with other details asked.
- Now, open the IMAP server and select an SSL connection with the SMTP server and 465 as the port number.
- Lastly, hit on Add Accounts.
Step 3- Transfer Mac Outlook Emails into IMAP Account
- Firstly open Mac Outlook.
- Choose the items that you want to convert by right click. Then Move > Copy to Folder.
- Now, enter the IMAP account name and click on Copy.
- Click on the Send/Receive button for updating your IMAP account and all your mails will be shown in IMAP account.
Step 4- Configure Windows Outlook (PST)
- Firstly open, Control Panel and select Mail >> Email Accounts >> New.
- Now, hit on Manually configure server settings.
- Choose the Next button, and click on IMAP/POP settings.
- Now, you have to enter IMAP account credentials and Incoming and Outgoing server details then click on More Settings.
- Visit to Advanced Tab and put 993 as a port number on the IMAP server.
- Select the SSL connection and put 465 on the port number on the SMTP server. Choose SSL connection then OK
- Lastly, click on the Next button and then the Finish button.
Using this method you will be able to Import OLM File To Windows Outlook. But as you can see this method is a bit long containing many steps. There is an alternate solution available mentioned below which is a really easy and efficient method for this problem.
Automated Solution to import olm to outlook windows
There are chances the above method may fail or cause misalignment of data. But by using an automated solution all these problems can be sorted out. The automated solution i.e OLM to PST converter will convert the OLM files to PST without any hassle.
The utility comes with many prominent features.
- The utility Automatically locate OLM files to convert from the system directory.
- It Supports MS outlook 2016 and below versions with (32 to 64 bits)
- It also notifies about the converted data before saving, by its preview option.
- A free demo version is available.
Here, we have discussed various ways to Import OLM File To Windows Outlook. It is advisable to go with an automated solution if you want to save time and if you are from a non-technical background. Hopefully, after reading this technical guide you will be able to stand out from this problem.