Hello readers! Well, we all know that NSF (Notes Storage Facility) is a database that supports IBM Lotus Notes. NSF posses all the mailbox contents of Lotus Notes including emails, contacts, appointments, calendars, etc. The Lotus Notes administrator applies security on the NSF database in order to protect it from unauthorized access and other security issues. But, there are situations when users owning rights to access the document are not able to access them. In these situations, we are left with no other option, than to perform NSF local security removal. So, here we will be discussing how to remove the local security from NSF.
Let’s discuss more about NSF Local Security
There are seven different roles that are assigned to the user namely Designer, Author, Editor, Reader, Manager, No Access and Depositor. The most restrictive among them is No Access and the least restrictive is Manager right. These rights allow the users to perform various functions like NSF security removal concerning the IBM Notes database.
Also read- How to export Lotus Notes to MS Outlook
How to perform NSF local security removal
There is no inbuilt tool available to remove the local security from NSF files so we have look for some external options. There are two options available with the user for this.
Method 1 – Manual Method
Method 2- Professional Method
Let’s start with the Manual Method first.
Method 1- Manual method
We will be using Notes Client 8.5.x in this method and also there is no requirement of user id and password.
- Firstly, replace the user id with the corresponding user id of NSF, you want to view.
- Now, in Notes Client, open the NSF file for which you want to remove the password.
- Now, Hit on View => Advanced Menus.
- Here, select the file you wish to access File => Application => New Copy.
- Lastly, select the desired location where you want to save the file and enter a name for it. (You have to uncheck the checkbox for Access Control List)
- Lastly, click on the OK button for creating a new NSF file. You will be able to open the NSF files without any password.
Note- Many times it happens that by using the manual method the user is not able to perform NSF local security removal. There are a variety of reasons for it. But no need to worry, by using the professional method we will get guaranteed results.
Method 2- Professional Method
Using the NSF security remover tool we can easily come out from this problem. This tool is developed using the most advanced technologies that will ensure us with data security and perform the task without any hassle. Follow the below steps for using this utility.
- Firstly, Launch the NSF security remover tool and click on the Browse button.
- Now, simply select the NSF files and click on Open.
- Choose “remove local security from selected NSF file” and after that select the location where you want to save the file.
- From the selected NSF files, the local security will be removed.
- Lastly, click on the OK button and the process completes.
Prominent features of NSF Local Security Remover Tool
The tool used to recover from the local security problem is well equipped with many features.
- Removes the local security from NSF files in no time.
- The tool is well capable of removing local NSF security from Lotus Notes database created by any of its version.
- The utility is free from any malware or virus.
- It does not alter any information from the NSF files i.e maintains data integrity.
- The tool is compatible will all the versions of the windows OS.
Today, in this blog we have discussed what is NSF local security and also included the two methods by which we can perform NSF local security removal. The Professional method is better as it is less time consuming and guarantees the user with data security and data integrity.